What is a Reflective Essay?
A reflective essay is a reflection of yourself, you may have a specific topic, which focuses on you. Your reader is expecting an incident /event or an evaluation of your life. Your mentor may ask you to reflect memories, feelings, and emotions of your past. They are supposed to be interesting and excited.
Remember: audience wouldn’t prefer to read a boring author.
Reflective essay is very special and personal type of essay. You will need lot of things to reflect and explain. You must open up with different feelings, emotions that you personally felt, so that the reader will feel that they have also experienced it. for example: you may have to show how you have changed yourself from childhood, how you use to play with your friends in childhood. Your mentor may ask you to highlight some events which are related to social or political aspects. Either you have such memories or not but you have to make the story.
How to Start a Reflective Essay?
Now, when you already understood what is a reflective essay and how to write a reflective essay. Following are the tips for writing reflective essay. This is an important information. You should study this reflective essay guide to have a understanding of how to write reflective essay and connect all reflective paragraphs together.
- you will require a decent plan to develop your essay – it gives you lots of benefits.
- Create an outline – to have a clear view of further development in your literature work.
- A decent structure – which will tell you how to write your story step by step and page by page.
Reflective Essay Outline:
You should outline each part of your reflective essay to write it easily and fast. Consider the following steps to start a reflective essay:
- Select a topic.
- Information gathering.
- Refining informative resources.
- Write a draft.
- Write main parts of the project.
Reflective Essay Structure
In general, your reflective paper’s outline should contain three main parts:
- Main body
How to Make an Introduction to a Reflective Essay?
All academic essay assignment starts with the introduction. It should have:
You should explain in introduction that what you are going to define and what your main ideas are.
How to write a Good Reflective Essay Body?
The main body should explain your main purpose, You should:
- Describe a definite event, experience or change.
- Include at least one strong example that makes the picture complete.
- Show effects, consequences, how some events affected and what your experience gave you.
How to Write a Conclusion for a Reflective Essay?
Conclusion is the last paragraph. Which contain general overview and the summary of your reflective paper. The good conclusion should have:
- Repeat the story in summarize way.
- Highlight the main points.
- Sensibly conclude the research.
The end of your reflective essay should be effective and interesting. If you draw proper conclusions, Reader will understand what you have defines in your own story.